Monday, February 7, 2011

February 7, 2011

I am so sorry to have lost track of my dinners.  Actually, to be honest I haven't done that much "real" cooking.  Oh, I have made the baked chicken with some sort of store bought, processed food side dish and a vegetable, but nothing worth writing about.  I had to go to my in-laws for a while because my husband's grandfather was in the hospital and then the family and I took a mini vacation to a really cool resort in Myrtle Beach.

So today I was looking for a hearty chicken recipe and came across one from Campbell Soups.  Usually I'm not one to take a recipe from the outside of a soup can, but on the reviews this one ranked high so I tried it.

Hearty Chicken Noodle Casserole


  • 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
  • cup frozen mixed vegetables
  • cups cooked chicken, cubed
  • cups medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
  • 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • Change MeasurementsUS | Metric

Directions:

Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
  1. 1Stir soup, milk, black pepper, grated Parmesan cheese, vegetables, chicken and noodles in 1 1/2 quart casserole.
  2. 2Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until hot.
  3. 3Stir.
  4. 4Top with cheddar cheese.
  1. ?Have a question about this recipe? Ask the community.



I did add some white wine to the mixture.  I found that it lacked a little in salt so you may need to add some.  I also think that some sliced mushrooms would be a nice touch too.  Overall, both the Hubby and I liked this recipe and was told it should stay in the recipe box.

No comments:

Post a Comment