Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February 8, 2011

Ever since I was pregnant with Hayden I have been craving Buffalo chicken and ranch.  I don't care what form it comes in, I just crave that combination.  To me, Buffalo Wild Wings has the best Buffalo Ranch Wrap.  I have been trying to figure out how to duplicate it at home for a fraction of the cost.  Last week, I bought chicken, wraps, lettuce, tomato, and some Cheddar Cheese.  Most of the recipes I found called for coating the chicken in a batter and deep frying.  I know this will taste good, but I wondered if there was a healthier way of preparing it.  Then I came across this recipe today:

Buffalo Chicken Wrap



Directions:

Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
  1. 1Pre season chicken with garlic powder, salt and black pepper to taste.
  2. 2Combine 1/3 cup of hot sauce and 1 tbsp of cooking oil in a large plastic storage bag.
  3. 3Add the chicken and shake a bit to ensure chicken is evenly coated with marinade.
  4. 4Marinade chicken at least 30 minutes.
  5. 5Grill chicken until done.
  6. 6Slice chicken into strips.
  7. 7Place chicken in bowl and add 1/3 cup of hot sauce and dressing and cheese, mix well.
  8. 8Place chicken mixture and lettuce down the center of the tortilla.
  9. 9Roll tortilla in same fashion as a burrito.
  10. 10Cut in half.
  11. 11Enjoy!


  1. I used about a pound of chicken tenderloins and substituted the cheddar cheese for the monterey jack cheese, and used ranch salad dressing, and added tomatoes at the end.  It thoroughly satisfied my craving for buffalo chicken.  I used a grill pan and it worked fine for me.  Next time, I don't think I will mix the cheese in with the chicken and just add it on top.  Also, I used Texas Pete Wing Sauce instead of Franks.  
    I paired my wrap with homemade potato flats.
    Potato Flats
    2 small potatoes per person Cooking Spray Creole Seasoning or Salt and Pepper
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Scrub the potatoes and let dry.  I use a mandolin, but if you don't have one, slice them as thin as you can get them.  If you do use a mandolin, slice them to the thickness that you like.   I use the thinest setting.  Spray a baking sheet or large cookie sheet with cooking spray.  Lay the potato flats out on the pan.  You can let them over lap a little bit but not much.  Spray the potatoes again with cooking spray and season to taste.  I usually use a creole seasoning because it gives them some kick.  Bake until the start to turn brown.  Be careful because the go from done to burnt very quickly if you aren't careful.   I eat them as is, but my hubby likes to dip them in ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment