Sunday, January 16, 2011

January 12, 2011

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile but I

A) Haven't been home to cook because we went to my in-laws for 5 days, and
B) My husband has been working the second shift and hasn't been home to enjoy dinner with us so there isn't really a point in cooking a whole meal for me because we all know my oldest son won't eat any way.  My son not eating is a whole post in itself and I don't feel like getting into it tonight.

So when my husband works second shift, I usually will make one to two meals and then just eat the leftovers for several days.  This time, I made . . .

Live Alone Pasta

1 box of Penne Pasta
2 Jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce*
1 lb ground meat**
1 box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
8 oz cream cheese
Red wine***
Salt, Pepper, and Crushed Red Pepper to taste.

Throughly cook the meat until done.  Add spaghetti sauce and stir.  Stir in the spinach and cream cheese.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt.  Cook pasta until done.   Drain and add spaghetti sauce.  Serve with warm bread and or a salad and fresh Parmesan cheese.

*I used Paul Newman's Newman's Own Marinara and Sockarooni sauce because they were on sale.  The Sockarooni sauce had more vegetables in it.
**I used ground turkey, but have used ground beef in the past.  I was trying to be somewhat healthy.  You can use beef, pork, lamb.  It's all based on your taste.
***I use a Cabernet.  I pour a little in the bottom of the sauce jars and swirl around to get the remaining sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment